Here is the link to vote:
http://www.rawartists.org/view-artists/userprofile/mendedmosaic
So, back in July we were asked to do a fashion show for an event called RAW: Natural Born Artists. I was so excited to put my vision into reality, and I eagerly accepted.
We pulled together a few of our beautiful friends and co-workers and after we fit all our models, selected our best rock and roll track - we were busy at work back stage getting ready for the show. Jen Levi and her side kick Shelly Wilson made hair that dreams are made of. With enough crimp, tease and toulle, we had the biggest hair. My god, it was INCREDIBLE! Iris Guevara and her side kick Hermina Chamnankit brushed on some intense black eye make up and lashes to put Bambi to shame. All the grit and grime and glamour that one person could handle, add that up with legs to high ho heaven and the sexy smell of leather and the dull blingity blang of the studs on the jackets. It was truly a sight for sore eyes.
Watching our vision walk the catwalk with all the photographers and videographers and all our people standing by, I have never felt more proud. It was like paparazzi!
And so this competition appears. I've never been the competitive type, I feel like my talent, quality, or charisma will inevitably carry me where I need to go, and I don't feel like being an aggressor or pushy with people to get want I want. That being said, I want to win this thing. We need to win this. And most of all, we deserve it. We have an incredible product for seemingly the first year of focus with leather jackets, we have quality, we have impeccible style and taste, and we are good people, damnit! But how do you push people to vote for something that seems petty and weird..especially with everything circulating around facebook? How do you get people to understand the desire to share the link, vote everyday and take an active role in our success when honestly, isn't that our job?
Ask, I suppose. Educate. So thats where I am at. I don't know if anyone truly understands what will happen to our business if we win this competition.
As the best fashion designer of all raw artists we will get:
Consignment placement of winning collection in Fred Segal, Santa Monica*
Consultation with Chloe Dao, Winner of Bravo’s Project Runway 2
... Feature in Flux Magazine
Feature in Raine Magazine & One Year Free Print Subscription
... RAW’s Golden Ticket: The opportunity to show in every RAW location (21) once
throughout the 2012 season with 20 free tickets
Fashion Show at the annual RAWards Show in Hollywood (date/location TBA)
Feature write-up on “Fashion Treat” Blog (Hollywood)
Feature on RAWartists.org Fashion page for the 2012 year
On camera interview at the Winner’s Reception
RAWards Official Winner’s Seal & Accolade
And thats not even all of it...the amount of exposure is undeniably attractive and I feel like I'd crawl through the rain, scraping the dang pavement to reach out and grab it. We deserve this.
I am asking you. Pass this word on. Share the link on your wall, ask people to vote. Vote everyday.
If at any point we have inspired you, if you have worn our gear, participated in a show, been to a show, wanted a piece of ours or if we've ever been nice to you (ha, ha) ....Help us out. We are all small fish, we all need to help each other out, grass roots style to get into the goal. I will be there for you, I will encourage you and I will lend you a hand when you need it.
And thank you to Daylene for this:
"Stay focused and keep your eyes on the prize. Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goals."
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment