Monday, March 15, 2010

Stateside.

So now we are on the Step 2. I love the creation process...all the behind-the-scenes of everything..the running around the sketches and work that goes behind the final product. You finally reach the point of that satisfaction when the piece is finished. And then what?

And then its time to bring it to everyone else. I want people to reach out to our creations because they feel connected to it. I want people to pick up the jacket or bag and when they put it on - feel so good, they have to have it. Over the years, I have moved away from novelty and leaned more towards having something I reach for every time. Fashion that is functional. Fashion that resides at the intersection between function and desire. That sense of security I have when I wear my favorite thing is a home, a connection to something that makes me: me.

So now we are coming back to Chicago to represent the voice of our vision.
Its time.

No comments:

Post a Comment