The decision has been made on the clutch. I was just informed that the piece I bought, and broke, is actually out of stock. No more worrying about whether or not it will work, just acceptance that is not even available to try. I have chosen the stronger piece and am working the design with it, and it will be beautiful just the same.
Still waiting for Monday to come so we can get our custom zipper pulls!!! On Monday I will also be getting back 2 more jackets and the finished clutch. Just 2 more days of waiting. Because there is nothing we can do, we are getting out of the house for a few days, away from work, and heading up to Ubud for some relaxation time. We will go to the water temple,go to the monkey forest, visit with our lovely friends up there and come back ready to pound out the last 2 weeks of focus.
It so funny that even though I have everything submitted, shy of 2 last designs, inspiration is still flowing out of me. I feel like a mad scientist sometimes, and even if I am doing something else, I still have my designs laid out like they will magically appear in physical form. I never stop thinking about it.I love what I do, clearly. This part of it, as stressed out as I am, is such an amazing use of brain power, problem solving, raw creativity, shared vision, and the grand finale when you are finally proud of all the accomplishments. Sometimes it feels like its a long road to get to where you're going, but when you finally arrive, man - you have arrived.
I have no choice but to accept that we will end up exactly as we should the night we leave the island. We will have all the pieces that we set out to make, and they will all be wonderful expressions of us.
Monday, March 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Is it possible to see the inner workings of your designs? I'm sure they are all drawn out and photograph able, but do you scheme to keep everything secret until you reveal the new line? I love seeing sketches and planning, it makes people realize just how much work goes behind something you create, and reveals a little more about the artists themselves.
ReplyDeleteNothing can be perfect, I think this is part of what makes art art, is the working around the chaos and incorporating it into the piece to make it organically evolve with what's given, and thus making it even better.
ReplyDeleteThe unexpected appears in our life and in our work, and knowing you, it'll turn out a masterpiece just the same.
Turn every bad thing into a good thing indeed.
I love you.
Jim
oh jim! indeed, this time has been a lesson to accept a problem and work with it, instead of against it...realize that inevitabley it always always works out. that realization has made for some amazing jackets and bags...i can't...stop...staring....
ReplyDelete