Friday, February 12, 2010

Chaos.



Today I woke up way before the sun. Jet lag? The way a child feels on Christmas Eve night? A bit of both, likely, and not to mention that my inner to-do lists are haunting my relaxation time. My anxiety is telling me five weeks is going to be hard-pressed to get everything done. I am committed to my planner to make sure everything is unfolding in a timely fashion so that when crunch time is just around the corner I can flash an award-winning smile and laugh in the face of procrastination.

However, in any business, I am sure this means the same thing: plan for the things you can control, and leave room for disaster on the things you cannot. On our house hunt yesterday we spoke with a man who was curious about our life in Chicago. Louie mentioned that he was excited to leave the chaos of home to which the man replied, "And then you get here and its just a different kind of chaos, no?" and we all laughed followed by that moment of silence and slow nodding.

And that leaves us to today. Preliminary responsibilities in tact-- we dive. I am a fan of Step One which is always accompanied by that distinct sense of fresh satisfaction. We get the keys to our house today!!! We meet with a couple tailors today for the first samples to come back. This all means we have pushed over the first domino. With our sit-bones finally adjusting to the scooter seat, sun on our backs, and a tape measure around my neck like a waving flag, we are off to find that olive green leather I've been dreaming about.




P.S. Louie wants me to say something. In Bali you're not supposed to flush toilet paper in the toilet. So above the toilet there is a sign in our bathroom that reads: "Thank you for not throwing anything into the closet". Maybe this is why I am the one who writes the blog. And so it begins. Random observations, signs, and commentary by Louie. The picture didn't come out, so I will get to that in the next few hours.

5 comments:

  1. Olive green leather- that sounds *wonderful*
    I can't wait to see what you have in store for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if Louie was going to be blogging along with you, the writing seemed far too eloquent for a fella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, louie just tells me what to write when he has something to say. man of actions, few words.

    and YESSSS...the olive leather has been found and amazing jacket design to go with it. yu-ummmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GAWD is that the view from your house????? I'll be right there.

    Olive leather, olive leather, olive leather.....

    ReplyDelete